A mother has spoken of her terror after discovering dozens of the world's deadliest spiders while eating a banana in her London home.
Consi Taylor told The Sun she noticed a strange white spot on the fruit, which she thought was mould.
But she dropped the banana to the floor after discovering dozens of spiders crawling over the skin.
She told the newspaper: "I thought it was mould but when I had a closer look I saw some funny looking spots.
"I had a closer look and was horrified to see they were spiders. They were hatching out on the table, scurrying around on my carpet."
The 29-year-old took the bananas back to supermarket Sainsbury's and was initially offered a £10 voucher in compensation.
But after sending an image of the creatures to a pest control company, her family were told to evacuate their home as it could be infested with Brazilian wandering spiders.
Guinness World Records in 2010 listed the Brazilian wandering spider as the most venomous in the world.
Sometimes known as the "banana spider", they often hide in banana plants and are found across South and Central America.
They can be extremely aggressive and their venom contains a neurotoxin which triggers loss of muscle control, breathing problems, paralysis and eventual asphyxiation, although there is a common anti-venom.
Sainsbury's has paid for the Taylor home to be fumigated and for the family to stay in a hotel while it was cleaned, The Sun reported.
The supermarket said: "We're very sorry and have apologised to Mr and Mrs Taylor.
"We do have rigorous controls on imported products at all stages - from harvesting to transportation - which is why this is so rare."