Destruction From Typhoon Rai Seen in Philippines as Death Toll Rises

The death toll from Typhoon Rai had reached at least 208 by December 20, the Philippine National Police (PNP) told local media, after the storm tore across the country last week.

The Manila Bulletin said 52 people remained unaccounted for.

Footage posted by Doods Almacen on Monday shows the trail of destruction in the municipality of General Luna in the southeastern province of Surigao del Norte.

At least 15 deaths were reported in the region as of Sunday, December 19, Surigao del Norte Governor Francisco Matugas told local media.

More than 400,000 people were in need of urgent relief and funding for long-term recovery efforts following the storm, according to the IFRC. Credit: Doods Almacen via Storyful

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting