Maybe it’s just me, but I would trust the noses of ET, Kossi, Miina and Valo (‘Close to 100% accuracy’: Helsinki airport uses sniffer dogs to detect Covid, 24 September) and of any other such dogs far more than I would the recently released NHS Covid-19 app.
Houghton-le-Spring, Tyne and Wear
• Maybe Boris Johnson will try to combat the criticism of the government’s Moonshot mass screening plan by volunteering his dog, Dilyn, to be trained to sniff out Covid-19. Perhaps Dilyn could then take up a sniffing post in parliament and check passing MPs?
Lewes, East Sussex
• The culture secretary says it is important that students do not “give up a year of their life” by not going to university (Oliver Dowden defends university student lockdowns – video, 27 September). Since when was not going to university and doing something else instead seen as giving up?
• No photograph of Boris Johnson or Donald Trump in the Drone Awards 2020 (Eyewitness, 28 September)? Perhaps next year.
• Obituaries: eventful lives well described. Then comes the surprise that the writer predeceased their subject. Ghost written (Juliette Gréco obituary, 24 September)?
• Further to the Jesus correspondence (Letters, 27 September), seen on a wall in Cornwall: “Jesus Lives! However, he’s now working on a less ambitious project”.
Southwick, West Sussex