Protests have taken place after police fatally shot a black man during a traffic stop in the Minnesota city of Brooklyn Center, just outside of Minneapolis. The man has been named by family as 20-year-old Daunte Wright. Tear gas was used and rubber bullets fired by officers in riot gear to disperse hundreds of protesters who had gathered outside the Brooklyn Center Police Department building on Sunday night, and a curfew imposed by Brooklyn Center mayor Mike Elliott until 6am on Monday morning after declaring a local emergency.
Iran’s foreign minister on Monday vowed vengeance against Israel for an explosion a day earlier at the Natanz nuclear site that he blamed directly on Tehran’s arch enemy. “The Zionists want to take revenge because of our progress in the way to lift sanctions ... they have publicly said that they will not allow this. But we will take our revenge from the Zionists,” Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif was quoted as saying by state TV. Israel has all but claimed responsibility for the apparent sabotage operation that damaged the electricity grid at the Natanz site on Sunday, with multiple Israeli outlets reporting that Mossad carried out the operation, which is believed to have shut down entire sections of the facility. The sabotage could set back uranium enrichment at the facility by at least nine months, US officials briefed on the operation told the New York Times. Iran on Monday said the person who caused the power outage at one of the production halls at Natanz had been identified. "Necessary measures are being taken to arrest this person," the semi-official Nournews website reported, without giving further details.
Piers Morgan has said members of the Royal Family showed him gratitude after the row.
‘White Lives Matter’ rallies were planned to be held nationwide on 11 April, marking it as a national day of solidarity for the event
The 'Big Brother' star died last week after a long battle with anorexia.
Army lieutenant has filed a federal lawsuit against two officers
Drone footage of snow over Montpellier Park in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, this morning (April 12). As beer gardens and outdoor dining opens up, large parts of the country were hit by snowfall during the night.
Blood sample from Duke of Edinburgh provided pivotal evidence in 1918 case
Musician claimed he dated the actor in his 2019 memoir
A coronavirus expert has warned face shields do not work on their own as pubs, shops and hairdressers reopen in England.
England's COVID-19 lockdown was eased on Monday.
Reality star rushed to see Grahame weeks before her death
Deaths from coronavirus in Britain fell to just seven on Sunday, the first time the UK has reported single figures for nearly seven months, and the lowest number since mid-September. The low figure came ahead of non-essential shops and outdoor hospitality opening on Monday and demonstrates that lifting restrictions has, so far, not led to a rise in cases. Britain has not seen such a low figure since five cases were reported on Sept 13, which was also a Sunday. It is the first time the UK has recorded single figures since Sept 14. The death figure is likely to be artificially low because of the weekend effect, and is expected to rise early next week. The number of people testing positive for coronavirus has also fallen by more than 30 per cent in a week, with just 1,730 lab-confirmed cases reported on Sunday, the lowest figure since August. The total number of deaths where Covid-19 was mentioned on the death certificate is now 149,968, while those who died within 28 days of a test is 127,087. The Government said that, as of 9am on Sunday, there had been a further 1,730 lab-confirmed cases in the UK. It brings the total to 4,369,775. It was also another record day for second vaccine doses, with 475,230 receiving their booster jab on Saturday. Government data up to April 10 shows that of the 39,587,893 jabs have been given in the UK so far, of which 32,121,353 were first doses.
It is highly unlikely the 94-year-old monarch will step down from royal duties
Philippine and U.S. soldiers started two weeks of military exercises on Monday against a backdrop of rising tensions in the South China Sea, though the drills were reduced in scale due to the coronavirus pandemic. The countries are proceeding with the exercises, which were postponed last year due to the pandemic, after Manila recently accused China of territorial incursions by hundreds of its vessels manned by militias in the South China Sea. Philippine military officials said the "Balikatan" (shoulder-to-shoulder) war games that end on April 23 will involve drills in tabletop and simulation form rather than field training.
She has been going through treatment at the same time as sister Anne.
Do you remember these classic television shows from your childhood?
Chinese vaccines ‘don’t have very high rates of protection’ its top official admits
Prince William has said he will "support The Queen in the years ahead" in a tribute to his late grandfather, the Duke of Edinburgh. Describing Prince Philip as "an extraordinary man", William said he will "miss my Grandpa".
The 445lb alligator was trapped by a hunter from Ravenel, outside Charleston, and had five dog tags inside