Donald Trump has declared that he has had “the most successful first year in the history of the presidency” – and finally admitted he has a bald patch.finally
Speaking at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) on Friday, the US President also drew attention to his own bald spot in what many described as a “freewheeling” speech.
Before launching into the speech, Mr Trump admired himself on the big screen, telling the audience: “What a nice picture that is. Look at that. I would love to watch that guy speak.”
He went on to draw attention to his hairline, saying: “Oh, boy. Oh, I try like hell to hide that bald spot, folks. I work hard at it. Doesn’t look bad. Hey, we’re hanging in. We’re hanging in. We’re hanging in there, right? Together we’re hanging in.”
President Trump: “I try like hell to hide that bald spot folks, I work hard at it. It doesn’t look bad, hey we’re hanging in!” pic.twitter.com/isrhfowiQ0
— Pat Ward (@WardDPatrick) 23 February 2018
After declaring that some of his prepared comments were “sort of boring”, the President launched into a speech that included praise of his own first year as President, citing tax cuts and changed to regulations as some of his major achievements.
He also spoke about immigration and his promised “Mexico wall” as well as launching an attack on the Democrats and Hillary Clinton and quoting “the snake” poem that he often read on the campaign trail during the 2016 presidential race.
MOST POPULAR TODAY ON YAHOO
- Caught on camera: Massive fight involving 20 people using glass and chairs as weapons breaks out in Leeds bar
- Grandmother who thought she was dying of dementia blew entire £10k life savings – but doctors reveal she was misdiagnosed
- ‘No Shame’: Neighbour fined for offensive ambulance note breaks silence in Twitter rant
- Armed guard resigns after it emerges he ‘hid outside’ during Florida school shooting
- Here’s how much money you need to earn to be happy, according to science
Despite his promises to take action on guns in the wake of the Florida shooting, Mr Trump said that making schools gun-free zones would put students in “far more danger”.
It was Donald Trump’s second appearance as President at the Conservative Political Action Conference, held just outside Washington in Maryland.