Cape Town – Dr. Phil McGraw is the top earner on Forbes' list of highest-paid TV stars.
The daytime talk show host earned a reported $79m.
Dr. Phil fist first gained celebrity status with appearances on The Oprah Winfrey Show. In 2002 he launched his own syndicated daily television show, Dr. Phil.
Coming in at second place is Ellen DeGeneres with $77m and rounding out the top three is Jerry Seinfeld with $69m.
According to Forbes magazine the annual earnings of these stars may include income from additional activities such as producing, non-TV performances, endorsements and merchandising.
See the full list here:
1. Dr. Phil McGraw, $79 million (talk-show host, personality, producer).
2. Ellen DeGeneres, $77 million (talk-show host, personality, producer).
3. Jerry Seinfeld, $69 million (comedian, sitcom star).
4. Gordon Ramsay, $60 million (personality, celebrity chef).
5. Ryan Seacrest, $58 million (personality, radio host, producer).
6. Louis C.K., $52 million (sitcom star, comedian, producer).
7. Judy Sheindlin, $47 million (courtroom-show host, personality).
8. Kim Kardashian West, $45.5 million (reality show star, personality).
9. Simon Cowell, $43.5 million (TV personality, producer).
10. Steve Harvey, $42.5 million (TV host, comedian).