First responders rescued seven ducklings that had fallen into a storm drain in Port Jefferson, New York, on Monday, June 6.
Port Jefferson Fire Department said a resident had called after hearing a mother duck quaking around a storm drain, before realizing that ducklings had fallen in.
Video released released by the fire department shows crews removing the grate on Seacourt Lane, entering the drain, and rescuing the ducklings.
All seven were recovered without incident and reunited with their mother, the department said. Credit: Port Jefferson Fire Department via Storyful
- Here, behind you.
- How many do you have in there? Three?
- We counted seven.
- It's seven total in there.
- That's what you counted, right?
- I counted seven.
- There's none in the pipe going that way. And there's none in between us.
- You got a-- you got another bag, [INAUDIBLE]?
- Another bag--
- We're going to build a--
- Yeah, I was gonna say, just dump them on the wall.
- --and where she disappeared though. We don't know where she was.
- Get out of the way. Let's just back off.
- OK. Say thank you. Say thank you.
- [INAUDIBLE] the bush.