TWO Dudley men have been jailed for their involvement in a drive-by shooting of a father-of-four who was gunned down on his doorstep on his birthday.
Akeel Hussain, who helped arrange the carefully planned attack on Mohammed Haroon Zeb as part of an ongoing feud between families, has been jailed for 15 years after being convicted on manslaughter.
Mohammed Rafiq, who was involved in helping to conceal the car involved, was jailed for four years after being convicted of attempting to pervert the course of justice.
Mr Zeb, known as Haroon, was shot in the head outside his home in Queens Cross during the early hours of January 31, 2021.
The 39-year-old Brierley Hill taxi firm manager was rushed to hospital but tragically died later the same day.
Police said they examined a range of evidence including phone records and social media to identify Hussain - who was injured himself after being struck by a car less than a fortnight earlier - as playing a prominent role in planning the shooting.
Two other men who were in the Volkswagen Golf from which the fatal gunshot was fired were convicted of the murder of Mr Zeb earlier this year and jailed for 60 years.
Following a trial at Wolverhampton Crown Court which concluded on November 14, Hussain, aged 23, from Dudley, was found guilty of manslaughter.
Mohammed Rafiq, aged 22, also of Dudley, was involved in helping to conceal the Golf - which was on false plates - and later recovered in Telford, and he was found guilty of attempting to pervert the course of justice.
Both were sentenced today (Friday December 1).
Detective Superintendent Jim Munro said: “We know nothing can ever replace the loss of a loved one, but we hope the fact Hussain will now spend considerable time behind bars will ease some of the pain felt by Mr Zeb's family.”