With the unrelenting pace of modern life, it’s nice to take a breather from time to time.
The online chat platform compiled a list sourced from reputable reports investigating the most relaxing places around the world, cataloguing 107 locations in total.
Researchers then used Instagram’s search database to see how many hashtags each destination had before ranking them highest to lowest.
Most Instagrammable tranquil UK locations
The research revealed Snowdonia National Park as the UK’s most Instagrammable relaxing location, with a massive 1,083,199 million people using the hashtag ‘Snowdonia’ worldwide.
With an extensive network of trails, more than 100 lakes, and views across the sea to Ireland, it is no surprise the national park is an extremely popular location for relaxing.
Placing in second is the Isle of Skye in Scotland with 875,518 people using the hashtag. The Isle of Skye is one of the most beautiful landscapes in Scotland, featuring an abundance of nature, water pools, and numerous hikes.
In third with 335,683 thousand hashtags is Lewes in East Sussex. The town has a wide variety of hidden woodland and offers many opportunities for peaceful walks alongside the river or across the hills of the South Downs.
In fourth is Seven Sisters, on the East Sussex coast with 331,092 thousand hashtags. Seven Sisters is a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and is known to be one of the most peaceful places to visit.
Completing the top five is Rutland, Leicestershire with 274,304 thousand hashtags.
Top 10 most photogenic relaxing UK locations
1. Snowdonia National Park – 1,083,199 hashtags
2. Isle of Skye, Scotland – 875,518 hashtags
3. Lewes, East Sussex – 335,683 hashtags
4. Seven Sisters, East Sussex Coast – 331,092 hashtags
5. Rutland, Leicestershire – 274,304 hashtags
6. Ilkley, Yorkshire – 198,636 hashtags
7. North York Moors, Yorkshire – 157,395 hashtags
8. North Berwick, Scotland – 149,678 hashtags
9. Iona, Inner Hebrides – 120,007 hashtags
10. River Avon, Somerset – 93,873 hashtags