Summer of travel chaos as Easyjey cuts flights

EasyJet on Monday apologised for the disruption caused to thousands of passengers hit by recent cancellations and delays as it announced it was cutting back flights over the summer. The budget airline said it was “consolidating a number of flights across affected airports” including Gatwick following the airport’s announcement last week that it was reducing the number of daily flights during July and August to cope with staff shortages. EasyJet chief executive Johan Lundgren said: “Delivering a safe and reliable operation for our customers in this challenging environment is EasyJet’s highest priority and we are sorry that for some customers we have not been able to deliver the service they have come to expect from us.“Coupled with airport caps, we are taking pre-emptive actions to increase resilience over the balance of summer, including a range of further flight consolidations in the affected airports.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting