In the four-minute freestyle Eminem calls the controversial US president out on everything from his incessant tweeting to his attitude towards North Korea to his support of white supremacists, and even issues his fans with an ultimatum saying that they can’t support both himself and Trump.
Dubbing the president “a kamikaze that’ll probably cause a nuclear holocaust”, Eminem swiped “racism’s the only thing that he’s fantastic for” as he also publicly issued his support to NFL player Colin Kaepernick, who was the first star to spark outrage when he ‘took a knee’ before a pre-season game last month; kneeling instead of standing during the national anthem to highlight racial injustice and police brutality in America.
Warning: Explicit content
Here are the star’s most powerful lyrics from the rap, which was filmed in a Detroit car park and titled ‘The Storm’:
1. “This is his form of distraction, plus he gets an enormous reaction when he attacks the NFL, so we focus on that instead of talking Puerto Rico or gun reform for Nevada. All these horrible tragedies and he’s bored and would rather cause a Twitter storm with the Packers.”
Here Eminem slams Trump for ignoring huge global tragedies, such as the devastation caused by Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico and the murder of 58 people in a mass shooting in Las Vegas, in favour of petty fights with football teams over much more trivial issues.
2. “He says he wants to lower our taxes, then who’s going to play for his extravagant trips back and forth with his fam to his golf resorts and his mansions?”
Eminem lashes out at the president’s frequent holidays abroad – and how they are funded by the taxpayer.
3. “Same s*** that he tormented Hillary for and he slandered then does it more. From his endorsement of Bannon, support for the Klansman, tiki torches in hand for the solider that’s black and comes home from Iraq and is still told to go back to Africa.”
Referencing Trump’s former chief strategist Steve Bannon, Eminem points out the businessman’s treatment of Hillary Clinton during last year’s election, also accusing Trump of supporting the Ku Klux Klan following violent white supremacist protests that swept America earlier this year.
4. “F*** that, this is for Colin, ball up a fist and keep that s*** balled like Donald the b****”
Throwing his support behind Colin Kaepernick, Eminem urges his fans to join the ‘Take a knee’ anthem protest.
5. “Any fan of mine who’s a supporter of his, I’m drawing in the sand a line, you’re either for or against, and if you can’t decide who you like more and you’re split on who you should stand beside, I’ll do it for it for you with this. F*** you.”
Here Eminem warns his fans that it is Trump or him, showing that he has zero tolerance towards anybody who considers themselves a supporter of Trump.
Responding to the supportive lyrics, Kaepernick tweeted a clip of the rap and added: “I appreciate you @Eminem”, and he wasn’t the only one to praise the rapper as fans flocked to social media to share their response to the epic rap:
— Distraction (@Lilly_1124) October 11, 2017
Eminem asked his fans to leave him if they support Trump. No other person on earth would do that & lose fans like that. He is THE GREATEST pic.twitter.com/69Tg3NNjBc
— HE'S COMING (@Justmojiarmy) October 11, 2017
Eminem just dragged Donald Trump in the most articulate bars I’ve heard pic.twitter.com/GsnF3YWPn4
— killa (@killaaaaaaa_) October 11, 2017
Trump fans, you've lost Eminem and Jay-Z and Hamilton and Hollywood and NFL and NBA and people of color, but at least you have Kid Rock.
— Wajahat Ali (@WajahatAli) October 11, 2017
What Donald Trump said: Everyone needs to stand for the National Anthem
What Eminem heard: Will the real Slim Shady please stand up?
— Frederick Douglass (@gettinnoticedmo) October 11, 2017
I will be only be listening to Eminem albums until Trump is impeached. pic.twitter.com/OsOs7epG5E
— Sean Kent (@seankent) October 11, 2017
— EarlyNotLate (@EarlyNotLate773) October 11, 2017
Eminem’s white fans when he said “it’s either me or Trump” pic.twitter.com/GoyvrN97ID
— AxMan (@acetylated) October 11, 2017
Eminem’s hardhitting performance comes as the musician’s newest album nears release, with his producer recently teasing that the record had been finalised.
Trump is yet to respond to the performance.