Emmerdale's Mark Jordon cleared of all charges over pub attack
Former Emmerdale star Mark Jordon has been cleared of all charges in relation to a 2018 pub attack.
The Daz Spencer actor has been on trial for the last several weeks over allegations that he'd attacked a 68-year-old man, Andrew Potts, in Oldham on the night of July 1, 2018, having always maintained his innocence.
On Tuesday (July 6), the Minshull Street Crown Court in Manchester found him not guilty of affray, unlawful wounding and assault by beating after Jordon argued that he'd only acted in self-defence (via BBC News).
Jurors heard that the brawl started at the Farrars Arms Pub while Jordon was celebrating his engagement to former co-star Laura Norton, when the alleged victim apparently made disparaging comments about the actor's daughter.
Outside the courtroom following the verdict, Jordon expressed his thanks to the jury for allowing him to now move forward both in his personal and professional life.
"I really am grateful to the jury for proving my innocence and especially for proving the innocence of my loved ones who've had to endure this awful ordeal with me this last year," he said.
"I'm looking forward to getting back to our engagement, and my career, which has been on hold."
In spite of Monday's verdict, a spokesperson for Emmerdale has said that there are "no current plans" for Jordon to reprise his role as Daz Spencer following his exit scenes airing in January.
Jordon had previously hinted that he wouldn't rule out the possibility of eventually returning to the ITV soap in the future.
Read more news, spoilers and gossip on our Emmerdale homepage
Digital Spy Soap Scoop video – hit play below for all the latest Emmerdale spoilers, as Ellis's father arrives in the village and Zak shares a kiss with Faith.
Want up-to-the-minute soaps news, spoilers and gossip on your social feeds? Just hit 'Like' on our Digital Spy Soaps Facebook page and 'Follow' on our @soapscoop Twitter account.
You Might Also Like