Final two victims of 'harrowing' multi-vehicle car crash in Birmingham named

The final two victims of a "harrowing" multi-vehicle car crash in Birmingham that left six people dead have been named.

Lucy Davis, 43, and her boyfriend Lee Jenkins, 42, were in a black cab that was involved in the deadly collision close to the city centre early on Sunday.

Ms Davis, who had a son and a daughter and worked as a sign language interpreter, was from Kingstanding in Birmingham.

Her sister Alison Worth paid tribute to a "beautiful, lovely, kind" sibling, adding: "Life is cruel."

In the heartfelt Facebook post, which was posted along with photos of the couple, Mrs Worth said: "The pain we are enduring is almost unbearable."

She added: "Please people, always be kind, as you just never know what will happen next.

"They were in a taxi as they wouldn't think of driving.

"They were wearing seatbelts as Lulu wouldn't get in a car if the seatbelts didn't work.

"They were happy. They were great together and had so many plans. You will always be in my heart and my thoughts.

"I miss you so much x."

Mr Jenkins, who was also from the city, was employed at University Hospital Birmingham as a clinical scientist, with the hospital offering its "deepest condolences" to his loved ones.

A colleague said "you could not have met a more genuine, wonderful man".

The driver of the taxi, Imtiaz Mohammed, was also killed in the collision at Belgrave and Lee Bank Middleway, near Edgbaston.

The 33-year-old father-of-six, described by relatives as a "happy, loving and friendly guy", was on his last job before heading home to his wife and family, according to his brother.

Three men in an Audi S3 also died - Tauqeer Hussain, Kasar Jehangir and Mohammed Fasha. It is understood they were thrown from the vehicle in the crash.

Mr Jehangir was reportedly jailed in November 2016 over a 130mph motorway chase.

According to reports, the 25-year-old was sent to prison after heroin was thrown from a vehicle that was being pursued on the M6 near Walsall in July 2015.

He admitted charges of dangerous driving and possession with intent to supply.

An investigation into the cause of the crash is under way and police said the scene on Sunday was "harrowing".

Superintendent Sean Phillips, from West Midlands Police, told a news conference on Sunday: "It is way too early to speculate on the causes of the accident.

"It will take some time to unpick the scene and just understand exactly what's happened. It would be unfair for me to speculate at this time."

He confirmed the road had been gritted at 5pm the previous evening.

Mr Phillips said the speed the vehicles were travelling at and whether all of those involved were wearing seat belts will be considered during the investigation.

The ambulance service said it dealt with 13 patients in total following the pile up. Three other cars collided as they tried to avoid the scene at the entrance to the underpass.