Firefighters called to boat fire caused by disposable barbecue

·1-min read
The boat once the fire had been put out. Photo by DWFireRescue
The boat once the fire had been put out. Photo by DWFireRescue

FIREFIGHTERS rushed to tackle a boat on fire which had been caused by a disposable barbecue.

Crews from Swanage and Poole were called to a fire at Chapmans Pool at 8.11pm on Saturday, May 21.

They found a boat well alight and the neighbouring boat house had also started to catch fire.

The fire was extinguished using a hose reel jet but the boat was fully destroyed and the boathouse severely smoke logged, and the cause of the fire is from a disposable barbecue.  The crews came to a stop at 9.46pm.

A spokesperson for Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “If you are using disposable barbecue, please make sure it is completely extinguished with no hot ashes left and always dispose of them responsibly.”

Bournemouth Echo:
Bournemouth Echo:

Read more: Fire crews called to fire caused by disposable barbecue

Disposable barbeques have started a number of fires in Dorset lately.

On Thursday, April 15, crews from Christchurch fire station were called to a bin fire caused by a disposable barbecue.

And on Sunday, May 8, fire crews in Ferndown extinguished a bench on fire caused by a disposable barbecue at Uddens Plantation.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting