NEW food hygiene ratings have been awarded to Dudley’s establishments, the Food Standards Agency’s website shows.
The following ratings have been given to 10 restaurants, cafes or canteens:
• Rated 5: Seashell Cafe in Market Street, Kingswinford; rated on November 14
• Rated 5: Ameena in Hagley Road, Halesowen; rated on November 10
• Rated 5: Shake House in Castle Hill, Dudley; rated on November 4
• Rated 5: Cafe Crystal at Crystal Leisure Centre, Bell Street, Stourbridge; rated on November 1
• Rated 5: German Doner Kebab at The Food Court, Merry Hill, Brierley Hill; rated on October 20
• Rated 5: St Andrews United Reform Church at Bilston Street, Sedgley, Dudley; rated on October 19
• Rated 5: Village cafe in Townsend Place, Kingswinford; rated on September 7
• Rated 4: KFC at Stallings Lane, Kingswinford; rated on October 25
• Rated 4: The Coast Restaurant Bar in King Street, Dudley; rated on September 29
• Rated 3: Chick A Filla in New Street, Dudley; rated on October 20
And four ratings have been handed to pubs, bars or nightclubs:
• Rated 4: The King William in Pensnett Road, Dudley; rated on October 10
• Rated 3: Roebuck Inn in Amblecote Road, Brierley Hill; rated on September 26
• Rated 3: Pensnett Social Welfare Centre at Commonside, Pensnett, Brierley Hill; rated on September 13
• Rated 1: The Hagley in Hagley Road, Halesowen; rated on October 26
Plus nine ratings for takeaways:
• Rated 5: Sizzled at Eat Central Food Court, Merry Hill, Brierley Hill; rated on November 24
• Rated 5: Eat Wise in New Rowley Road, Dudley; rated on November 8
• Rated 4: Britannia Pizza in Tipton Road, Dudley; rated on October 19
• Rated 3: The 3 An's Fish and Chips in High Street, Quarry Bank; rated on October 26
• Rated 3: The Spice Merchant in High Street, Quarry Bank; rated on October 25
• Rated 3: The Golden Boat in Bridgnorth Road Wollaston, Stourbridge; rated on October 10
• Rated 1: Great Wall in Castle Street, Coseley, Bilston; rated on October 19
• Rated 1: Oriental Kitchen in Upper Ettingshall Road, Coseley; rated on October 3
• Rated 1: Grill Box in Windmill Hill, Cradley, Halesowen; rated on October 27
The ratings have been published on the Food Standards Agency’s website which rates businesses from zero to five so customers can make more informed choices about where to buy and eat food.
A rating of five means hygiene standards are very good, four means hygiene standards are good, three means hygiene standards are generally satisfactory, two means some improvement is necessary, a rating of one means major improvement is necessary and a rating of zero means urgent improvement is required.
People can see the results of all food hygiene inspections via Dudley Council’s website or on the national ratings.food.gov.uk website.