Footage taken at Kabul’s Hamid Karzai International Airport on Friday, August 27 — one day after a suicide attack killed dozens of Afghans and 13 US service members — shows some people gathered outside the airport and an aircraft taxiing inside.
Pentagon authorities on Friday said a sole suicide bomber was responsible for attack, which took place in the vicinity of the airport’s Abbey Gate. Defense officials had previously believed a second blast took place near the Baron Hotel, but said reports of that incident were erroneous.
Speaking at the Pentagon, Maj Gen Hank Taylor said evacuations were continuing. Eighty-nine US and partner flights left on Thursday from the airport, carrying roughly 12,500 people, Taylor said. Credit: Asvaka News Agency via Storyful