Cape Town – 21-year-old Lisanne Lazarus is the second contestant who will be joining the eighth season of Tropika Island of Treasure.
The final year broadcasting major is no stranger to high stakes competition and has a couple of beauty titles under her belt.
She is a former Miss Mamelodi Sundowns, Miss eThekwini 2014, Miss DUT 2015 and Miss SA Campus first princess 2016.
Lisanne says her ability to think and react well under pressure will be her greatest strength on the island.
We asked her 5 quick fire questions to get to know her better:
1. Who is the one person you would get stuck on an island with?
My sister because we could turn that island into a party and because if I have survived 21 years with her I’m sure I can handle being on island with her.
2. What’s the one thing you could never live without?
3. If you discovered an island and could name it, what would it be?
The Island of Kwelanga. (It means sunshine in Zulu)
4. How long do you think you would survive if you were stranded on an island alone?
About 2 weeks. I love being independent but hate being lonely!
5. What will you do with the prize money if you win?
Definitely invest in a place of my own, I’m ready to move out on my own. I also have a non-profit organisation that I’d like to contribute toward and then definitely travel!