Former Corrie star Amanda Barrie praises NHS after 'electrocuting' herself in West End flat
Former Coronation Street actress Amanda Barrie praised “heroes” from the NHS who came to her rescue after she "electrocuted" herself in her flat.
The Carry On star said she “lit up the West End” during the accident, which she posted about on Twitter.
The 83-year-old said the incident on Sunday night had been “very scary” but she was “still here, thanks to UCLH.”
Posting a picture of herself with the paramedics, she said: “Thank you to my five heroes.
@Ldn_Ambulance Thankyou to my five heroes. So, last night I lit up the West End by electrocuting myself in my own flat. Eek! Magnificant #FirstResponders came to my rescue. Very scary but am still here, thanks also to @uclh God bless the @NHSuk pic.twitter.com/dcUwE57hYE
— Amanda Barrie (@amandabarrie11)
“So, last night I lit up the West End by electrocuting myself in my own flat. Eek!
“Magnificent First Responders came to my rescue. Very scary but am still here, thanks also to UCLH.
“God bless the NHS.”
Ms Barrie did not explain how she had been electrocuted in the flat, which she shares with her crime novelist wife Hilary Bonner.
Wellwishers were quick to respond to the post, with Only Fools and Horses star John Challis commenting: “Amanda Barrie! What are you like?! So happy you are unharmed. XX”