Four hospitalised after suspected gas leak causes fire in Shoreditch

Four people have been taken to hospital after a suspected gas leak caused an explosion and a large blaze ripped through a block of flats in Shoreditch.Firefighters were called to the blaze on Granby Street, off Bethnal Green Road, just before 6pm and rescued seven people from the second and third floors of the eight-storey block.One man was rescued from the second floor by firefighters wearing breathing apparatus, and he was rushed to hospital in an ambulance.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting