The four astronauts of NASA’s SpaceX Crew-3 arrived back to Earth in the early hours of Friday, May 6, splashing down off the coast of Florida.
NASA said the crew members – NASA astronauts Kayla Barron, Raja Chari, and Tom Marshburn, and European Space Agency astronaut Matthias Maurer – had spent more than six months aboard the International Space Station.
NASA said the crew members had “contributed to hundreds of scientific investigations and technology demonstrations while aboard the orbiting laboratory”. Credit: NASA via Storyful
- There we can see the deployment of those main parachutes.
- The vehicle's velocity is about 119 miles per hour.
- Yeah, SpaceX Dragon, we see four chutes. [INAUDIBLE]
- Once again-- all right, as you can see there on your screen,
- Dragon Endurance carrying a--
- Crew-3 crew has splashed down in the Gulf of Mexico, off the coast of-- I could imagine that after spending six months in space, all of this must feel really weird. We heard him make a joke earlier about the water bottle feeling heavy. We can see that Commander Raja Chari has now egressed the capsule and is making his way onto the roll away.
Looked like we had some thumbs up there, just momentarily.
- Yes, Raja looks to be in good spirits after six months in space.