A fresh deal to resolve the long-running dispute between Southern rail and the ASLEF union over driver-only trains has been agreed.
Leaders from the union have recommended members accept the new agreement following weeks of talks and a bitter row between the two sides.
A previous proposal was turned down last month, but ASLEF has said the new deal addresses its concerns.
A new ballot will be held among the union's 1,000 drivers on Southern, with the result due on 3 April.
ASLEF said it had agreed the new terms following talks in the last three weeks with officials from Southern's owners, Govia Thameslink Railway (GTR).
Mick Whelan, general secretary of the union, said: "This agreement has the full support of the negotiating team and the executive committee, and offers solutions to our concerns, as well as restoring the confidence of all parties, and the travelling public."
GTR director Andy Binton said the company was "pleased" to secure a deal to end the dispute.
He said: "It's been an extraordinarily difficult period for passengers, staff and the regional economy and we are glad we've found a way to move forward together."
Members of ASLEF have taken six days of strike action in recent months, which has crippled Southern services.
The union banned overtime which also caused disruption to the rail company's 300,000 passengers.
The Rail, Maritime and Transport union (RMT) is also in a separate dispute with Southern over staffing and whether trains should be required to have a second member of staff.
RMT members have taken 30 days of strike action - the latest on Monday - and the staffing disputes have spread to Merseyrail and Arriva Trains North , with more industrial action taking place this week.
Mick Cash, leader of the RMT, said the union had requested a full copy of the ASLEF agreement.
He added: "In the meantime RMT is pressing yet again for urgent talks with the company in our guards and drivers' disputes."