Generator Sparks Fire on Chelsea Market Roof

Storyful

A generator on the roof of Chelsea Market caught fire in New York City on Tuesday, March 28, prompting evacuation of the building due to smoke.

Thick plumes of smoke billowed from the roof as people gathered on the streets outside the market. The fire was reported at about noon, as people were in the market for lunch. The fire department tweeted that the fire was under control just before 1 pm. Credit: Twitter/Justin Dolan via Storyful

By using Yahoo you agree that Yahoo and partners may use Cookies for personalisation and other purposes