Giovanni Pernice is "more than ready" to be partnered with a man on 'Strictly Come Dancing'.
The 31-year-old dancer - who won the show last year with 'EastEnders' actress Rose Ayling-Ellis - confirmed he is open to being part of a same-sex coupling on the Latin and ballroom contest, following 2021's successful pairing of professional Johannes Radebe with chef John Waite.
He told The Sun on Sunday newspaper: “If the production people come to me and say ‘listen Giovanni we’d love you to be partnered with a man’, I’d say ‘yes’.
“I am more than ready to be partnered with a man.
“It would give me a chance to challenge myself with new routines, you have to think more about it.
"I love challenging myself."
And insiders admitted Giovanni has even been thinking about how to choreograph a same-sex routine.
A source said: “Giovanni is really keen for the challenge and wants to show fans he can dance just as well with a man as with a woman.
“He is extremely competitive and already has lots of ideas for the choreography.”
A few days ago, BBC Radio 2 presenter Richie Anderson was revealed to be taking part in the upcoming series of the show and confirmed he will be dancing with another man.
He said: "This is a dream come true! I cannot wait to get in those sparkles and sequins and shimmy across the most famous dance floor in the world! 'Strictly' is the ultimate feel good show, as soon as I hear that iconic theme tune it’s just pure escapism.
"I’m going to have to cancel my legendary 'Strictly' launch night kitchen party that I throw every year, I’m sure my friends and family will understand.
"It’s also a massive honour to be part of an all-male dance partnership, it’s so important we have that inclusion on such a huge show."