Google is reportedly designing technology that would allow your home to tell your children off for you.
The smart home technology would keep an eye on your kids, reprimanding them when they step out of line.
A Google patent spotted by Fox News suggests that cameras, microphones and smart sensors would allow your home to watch your children’s every move, warning them when they’re naughty.
They could also report back to parents via a smartphone app.
“When children are near a drinks cabinet or are in their parents’ bedroom alone, the system may infer that mischief is likely to be occurring,” the patent says.
MOST POPULAR ON YAHOO UK TODAY
- Airborne laser scans find Mayan ‘megalopolis’ under the jungle in Guatemala
- ‘Evasive’ woman jailed after helping paedophile boyfriend to rape schoolgirl twice
- This ‘cartoonish’ sketch released by police may look like a joke – but it actually worked
- Quincy Jones says The Beatles ‘were the worst musicians in the world’
- Watch: Angry commuter demands blind man to move guide dog on tube escalator
- Flat Earth Society issues statement after Elon Musk launched a car into space
And according to some reports, it could even keep an eye on “chore completion”, making sure all the household tasks get done.
It is thought the technology could also monitor the “emotional state” of people in the household, using facial recognition or wearable technology.