A gull has been rescued after getting stuck in netting between a Greggs, a gym and a cocktail bar.
RSPCA inspector Sophie Daniels attended and firefighters from South Wales Fire and Rescue Service used ladders to reach the gull and bring him to safety.
The bird was transferred to a veterinary practice for assessment and is now at a specialist animal rescue centre in Herefordshire ahead of an anticipated return to the wild.
Inspector Daniels said: “This gull was found on netting between Greggs, a health club and a cocktail bar – so we’re not quite sure if he fancied a workout, a night out or a snack.
“But in all seriousness – the poor bird was in a terrible tangle and we had to enlist the support of our friends at Whitchurch fire station to help.
“It’s another advert of what we can do together for animal welfare.
“Thankfully, they were able to get him down and after a check over at the vets, we transferred the gull to a specialist centre in Herefordshire for ongoing rehabilitation.
“Netting on buildings can be a challenging obstacle for wild birds, like this gull. The RSPCA continues to highlight the role of safer alternatives in keeping animals safe and well.”