The happiest places in Britain have been revealed - and Worcester makes it on to the list.
Worcester is the 15th happiest place to live in the country, according to the study by Rightmove.
More than 21,000 people responded to the property website’s Happy at Home Index, which asks how residents feel about where they live.
Locations are ranked based on factors such as whether people feel a sense of belonging, proximity to green spaces, local amenities, and whether or not there is a community spirit.
Tim Bannister, Rightmove’s director of property science, said: “This year’s Happy at Home survey really shows that the things that make people happy to live in their area are not so much the physical aspects of that area but more the personal aspects, such as our sense of belonging, the community and the people.
“The last few months have undoubtedly been difficult for many, and as we learned during another difficult period in 2020, this is often when we look to our local area and community for support and happiness.”
Topping the list was the Cornish seaside town of St Ives, which has been battling for top spot with Hexham in Northumberland since 2019.
This year Hexham placed fourth.
Here are Britain’s happiest places to live in 2022, according to Rightmove, followed by the average asking price for a home and the average asking monthly rental price.
Top 20 happiest places to live in Britain 2022 (With avg. price + rent)
1. St Ives, South West, £523,731, £1,152
2. Galashiels, Scotland, £153,546, £530
3. Woodbridge, East of England, £481,978, £1,196
4. Hexham, North East, £262,265, £810
5. Perth, Scotland, £179,410, £812
6. Harrogate, Yorkshire and the Humber, £381,124, £1,327
7. Anglesey, Wales, £324,048, £766
8. Bury St Edmunds, East of England, £334,160, £1,368
9. Stirling, Scotland, £197,075, £990
10. Cirencester, South West, £382,065, £1,331
11. Richmond-upon-Thames, London, £1,153,347, £3,931
12. Falmouth, South West, £373,752, £1,289
13. Monmouth, Wales, £331,844, £1,104
14. Leamington Spa, West Midlands, £383,553, £1,274
15. Worcester, West Midlands, £286,250, £1,059
16. Northwich, North West, £246,995, £942
17. Altrincham, North West, £615,246, £2,297
18. Macclesfield, North West, £292,078, £1,146
19. Newbury, South East, £380,842, £1,364
20. Llandudno, Wales, £260,245, £760