Male model George Koh jailed for murdering rival Harry Uzoka in row over girlfriend

Lucia Binding, news reporter

A male model who murdered his rival by stabbing him in the heart has been jailed for at least 25 years.

George Koh killed Harry Uzoka, 25, after meeting him to settle a dispute about a woman, accompanied by two friends.

Koh, 24, from Camden, north London, claimed he had sex with Mr Uzoka's girlfriend, fellow model Ruby Campbell, and the two male models arranged a meeting to settle their differences.

He was sentenced to 25 years in prison for Mr Uzoka's murder at the Old Bailey on Friday.

Mr Uzoka had just landed a film role before he was murdered by Koh on 11 January.

The pair were described as knowing each other, but the relationship deteriorated when Mr Uzoka became annoyed by Koh, who was said to be copying him.

Relations worsened after Koh began bragging that he had slept with Ms Campbell.

They arranged to meet up and a fight broke out - with Mr Uzoka armed with a dumbbell bar and accompanied by a friend.

Koh and his two friends, Merse Dikanda and Jonatha Okigbo, came armed with at least three blades, including a machete.

CCTV footage captured Koh and Dikanda chasing Mr Uzoka down the street in broad daylight.

Koh caught up with Mr Uzoka and stabbed him several times, with one of the knife wounds puncturing his heart.

He collapsed and was declared dead outside his home in Shepherd's Bush.

Describing the dispute between Koh and Mr Uzoka, Judge Wendy Joseph QC said: "The relationship broke down because of George Koh's behaviour, which swung between excessive admiration and spite.

"This manifested itself in several ways. Sometimes Mr Koh would claimed to look very like Harry and tried to imitate his style of dress. At other times he contacted Harry's Instagram friends, falsely speaking ill of them."

Ms Campbell did not give evidence at the trial, but said in an Instagram post she had never met Koh.

She added that Mr Uzoka died because "a man had a jealous obsession" with him.

Dikanda was sentenced to life with a minimum of 22 years after he was also found guilty of murder, and possessing knives.

Okigbo was jailed for 14 years after he was acquitted of murder but found guilty of manslaughter.

Tarika Jayaratne, from the Crown Prosecution Service, told Sky News: "These three men went to a fight armed with knives. They plainly intended to use them and did so, as a result of which Harry Uzoka lost his life.

"The prosecution presented CCTV evidence that showed the victim being cornered and violently attacked.

"This was a senseless murder over petty jealousy. Our thoughts are with the family and friends of Harry Uzoka and we hope that today's sentencing brings them a sense that justice has been done."

Mr Uzoka's mother, Josephine Jackson, paid tribute to her "beautiful boy" who had helped to pay her mortgage.

"Your short life enriched the lives of so many," she said. "You inspired so many people and touched them with your love. You will never be forgotten, my wonderful boy."