Fans have expressed concern for the health of TV icon Sir Bruce Forsyth, after it’s emerged that the star will miss a party for his wife next Wednesday after falling ill.
It’s being held at Fortnum and Mason to celebrate the launch of her new line of candles.
A source close to the family told The Sun: “He would have loved to be there, but it would be so wrong while he is still trying to get well.
“Recovering from a major operation is taking longer than anticipated.
“His health hasn’t deteriorated any further and we’re incredibly positive about him being about soon.
“We just need to be careful.”
88-year-old Sir Bruce has been beset by a string of health problems since late last year, after a swollen artery was found after he suffered a fall at home.
The Strictly Come Dancing host underwent surgery on an abdominal aortic aneurysm in November, which was discovered during extensive medical checks.
Ian Wilson, his manager, said in a statement at the time: “The procedure was a complete success and while Sir Bruce needs to rest and recuperate, it is anticipated, given the minimally invasive nature of this operation, he will make a speedy recovery.”
His wife, Wilnelia, said in November that it should take just “one or two months for him to fully recover”.
However, the entertainer missed the funeral of his close friend Ronnie Corbet in April this year, with his manager claiming that he was only a few weeks away from being ‘out and about’.
We’re wishing you a speedy recovery, Brucey!