'I'm A Celebrity': Celebs safe but shows cancelled due to Storm Arwen

  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
·Contributor
·3-min read
In this article:
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
  • Oops!
    Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
  • Richard Madeley
    British television presenter
  • Frankie Bridge
    British singer
  • Simon Gregson
    British actor
  • Adam Woodyatt
    Adam Woodyatt
    English actor

Watch: I'm A Celebrity shows cancelled after set damaged in Storm Arwen

I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! has been thrown into chaos by Storm Arwen - forcing ITV to cancel the Saturday and Sunday night shows.

The celebrity contestants - who include 78-year-old ex-Strictly Come Dancing judge Dame Arlene Phillips and retired footballer David Ginola - are said to be safe and still on location at Gwrych Castle in north Wales, after the production base sustained significant damage during the stormy weather on Friday night.

A spokesman for I'm A Celebrity said: "Owing to technical difficulties caused by extreme weather conditions in the area, there will be no new episodes of I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! this weekend - Saturday and Sunday.

'I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!'s weekend shows have been cancelled after the set was damaged by Storm Arwen. (ITV)
'I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!'s weekend shows have been cancelled after the set was damaged by Storm Arwen. (ITV)

"I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here! will be replaced tonight and tomorrow night in the ITV schedules by compilation shows - voiced by Ant & Dec - featuring best moments from previous series."

Read more: Richard Madeley admits he binged on hospital food after leaving 'I'm A Celeb'

The celebrity contestants - including former Saturdays singer Frankie Bridge, Emmerdale star Danny Miller, Coronation Street star Simon Gregson, EastEnders actor Adam Woodyatt and music producer Naughty Boy - are said to be currently still within the castle.

The celebrities, including 78-year-old Dame Arlene Phillips, are said to be safe and still within the castle. (ITV)
The celebrities, including 78-year-old Dame Arlene Phillips, are said to be safe and still within the castle. (ITV)

But due to the storm damage only essential crew have remained on site.

ITV has said the wellbeing of the celebrities and production crew is their priority.

Watch: Everything you need to know about I'm A Celebrity 2021

Hosts Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly revealed on Friday evening that the show was unable to broadcast live due to the extreme weather conditions in north Wales.

McPartlin said: "Because of Storm Arwen, for the first time ever we're not coming to you live."

Donnelly added: "This show was recorded earlier this evening because weather conditions are forecast to get worse.

Dame Arlene Phillips (ITV)
Dame Arlene Phillips is 78 and has been sleeping in the castle Clink. (ITV)

"But don't worry, it's not like those hugely popular highlights shows we did on Saturdays last year, it's business as usual, this is the story of yesterday in the castle."

In 2020 - the series' first broadcast from north Wales due to coronavirus restrictions - the Saturday evening show was a compilation of highlights from throughout the week, which some viewers were disappointed by.

TV presenter Richard Madeley has been forced to quit the show after he fell ill earlier in the week.

Richard Madeley has been forced to quit 'I'm A Celebrity' after falling ill. (ITV/Shutterstock)
Richard Madeley has been forced to quit 'I'm A Celebrity' after falling ill. (ITV/Shutterstock)

The 65-year-old Good Morning Britain star was sent to hospital for a health check, meaning he had broken the camp's COVID bubble and was not allowed back in.

He said: "I’m absolutely fine. As I say, if it wasn’t for COVID, I’d still be in the game. I’m gutted. I’m gutted, I really am.”

Earlier in the week EastEnders actor Woodyatt and Corrie star Gregson joined the camp as surprise late arrivals.

Adam Wodyatt and Simon Gregson joined the celebs in the castle earlier this week. (ITV/Shutterstock)
Adam Wodyatt and Simon Gregson joined the celebs in the castle earlier this week. (ITV/Shutterstock)

They were thrown in at the deep end by having to immediately take part in a Bushtucker Trial which saw their heads locked into boxes filled with snakes as they try to use their tongues to unscrew stars in front of them, in a bid to win meals for their new campmates.

Read more: Naughty Boy rows with campmates over boiling rice

And Friday night's show saw 36-year-old musician Naughty Boy threaten to quit the show yet again, after facing another trial.

Watch: Naughty Boy and Frankie Bridge clash over boiling rice

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting