I'm a Celebrity: Jeremy Clarkson says 'count me in' for future series

Jacob Stolworthy
Jeremy Clarkson arrives for The Sun Military Awards at The Guildhall on 22 January, 2016 in London, England: Getty

Jeremy Clarkson has made a surprising admission about I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! in a new interview.

The presenter, who is busy promoting Amazon series The Grand Tour, was on The Jonathan Ross Show when he was asked whether he would appear on the long-running ITV reality show.

Clarkson said: “We all say no now because we’ve all got jobs. If you’re down the line and somebody said, ‘Here’s a hundred thousand pounds to go and eat some maggots,’ count me in."

He added: "Yes, I’d go and do it – never say never to that."

Clarkson, who used to present Top Gear, recently spoke to The Independent, where he reacted to criticism that The Grand Tour encourages toxic masculinity.

“It's just a TV show – it's not The Bible,” he said, adding: "Do you think everyone on television should influence the views of others? Because I don't. It's not my job to be woke."

The latest series of I'm a Celebrity is drawing to a close this Sunday (8 December), with American TV personality Caitlyn Jenner, DJ Roman Kemp and Girls Aloud star Nadine Coyle expected to battle it out to become this year's winner.

Other participants included retired sportsmen Ian Wright and James Haskell, who were voted out earlier this week.

The Jonathan Ross Show airs on 7 December at 10.25pm on ITV.