ISIS claim no fighters were killed by Trump's MOAB bomb blast

Fiona Simpson

ISIS has denied that any of the extremist group’s fighters were killed when the “mother of all bombs” was dropped on a base near Afghanistan.

The jihadi group issued a statement which claimed there had been no casualties in the strike which involved a huge 9,800kg bomb.

The biggest non-nuclear explosive device owned by the US was dropped on a tunnel complex on Thursday night.

The Afghan military claimed 36 fighters were killed in the strike.

Target: The US' department of defence put out a video of the moment the bomb struck. (AP)

However, ISIS disputed this in the statement issued through its own Amaq News Agency.

On Friday the USA’s defence department released a video of the moment the MOAB – massive ordnance air blast – bomb struck the Nangarhar province.

General John Nicholson told the media: “This was the right weapon for the right target.”

President Donald Trump had already told White House reporters that he was “very proud” of the attack and called it “another successful job”.

By using Yahoo you agree that Yahoo and partners may use Cookies for personalisation and other purposes