YouTuber Jack Maynard has withdrawn from this year's I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! after just three days.
Hosts Ant and Dec announced his departure on tonight's (November 21) show, telling fans that Jack had left the series due to "circumstances outside camp".
An ITV spokeswoman told Digital Spy: "Due to circumstances outside camp Jack has had to withdraw from the show."
The news of Jack's premature exit from the show comes after a number of offensive tweets surfaced from the vlogger's Twitter account earlier this week.
A representative for Jack confirmed to Digital Spy that his exit from the series is related to the YouTube star's comments, suggesting that the decision was mutual.
"In the last few days Jack Maynard has been the subject of a succession of media stories which, given his position as a contestant on I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here – filmed in the Australian jungle, with no contact with the outside world, he has been unable to respond to.
"Since it is only fair that everyone should be aware of any allegations made against them and should also have the right to defend themselves, it was agreed that it would be better to bring him out of the show," the statement read.
"Jack agrees with this decision which was made by his representatives and ITV and thanks everyone who has supported him in the show this far."
Responding to the tweets yesterday, Jack's representative said: "Jack is ashamed of these tweets, many were deleted a long time ago.
"He would never use that language now and realises this kind of retaliatory, inflammatory, insulting language is completely unacceptable."
In the tweets – which dated back to 2011 to 2013 – Jack uses the N-word, while branding other users "retarded" and "f***ots".
I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here airs on ITV at 9pm.
You Might Also Like