Jay Leno was seriously burned after one of his cars burst into flames in the garage of his Los Angeles home.
The US comedian was taken to hospital with facial burns after what his representative described as a "flash fire".
The 72-year-old former Tonight Show host cancelled a Las Vegas performance scheduled for Sunday night after suffering the "very serious medical emergency," People Magazine reported.
"I got some serious burns from a gasoline fire. I am OK. Just need a week or two to get back on my feet," he said in a statement to Sky News partner, NBC News.
According to Reuters, Leno was taken to Grossman Burn Center for treatment, but his eye and ear were not severely damaged.
After leaving the Tonight Show in 2014, the avid car collector, who owns more than 200 vehicles, has hosted a revival of the popular US game show You Bet Your Life as well as Jay Leno's Garage on CNBC.
He also writes a regular column in Popular Mechanics magazine, showcasing his collection and giving auto advice.