Jay Slater's family say they don't need TikTok star who claims he 'hasn't seen a penny' of Go Fund Me money

The family of Jay Slater have hit back at a TikTok star who insisted he hadn't seen a penny of funds raised to support the search for the teenager. Callum Fahim flew to Tenerife to take part in the search after contacting Jay Slater's mother, Debbie Duncan, online.

Almost £50,000 has now been raised on a GoFundMe page on behalf of the 19-year-old's family. On Wednesday, Debbie posted an update on GoFundMe, explaining how the money will be used to support the rescue teams and volunteers who are helping in the search for Jay.

But Callum insisted he had not seen 'anything from the GoFundMe', as he confirmed his intention to go home. Now, Jay's family have hit back at the social media personality, insisting they need 'experts' for the search.

READ MORE: Jay Slater detective debunks new theory after 'distressing' video emerges online

They told Sky News: "We appreciate every single person who's come out. He's a hiker. We don't need hikers, we need experts."

Callum had previously told the station: "I haven't had anything from the GoFundMe. We have not had a bit of essentials paid for. I've never had any money from them whatsoever or even offers to go and pick anything up. If they had offered it, personally I would've said maybe a bit of a treat at the end of the week, but don't worry about it."

Jay, from Oswaldtwistle in Lancashire, has been missing in Tenerife since June 17. He was last seen leaving an Airbnb in the north of the island, close to the village of Masca, at around 8am that morning.

The teenager, who was on holiday with his pals Lucy Law, 18, and Brad Hargreaves, 19, had previously been partying at the Papagayo nightclub in Playa de las Americas, before leaving the event with two British men to go back to the rented property. His last known location was the Rural de Teno Park in the north of the Canary Island – which was about an 11-hour walk back to his accommodation.

On Thursday, Debbie issued a new statement where she slammed trolls who have posted conspiracy theories about her son's disappearance online. She said the family 'were not in Tenerife for a holiday'.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter LANCS LIVE NEWS and get all the biggest stories from across Lancashire direct to your inbox