Aerial images show fire devastation at JLS star Oritse Williams' home

Chris Edwards
Former JLS star Oritse Williams' has has burnt down just days after he was acquitted of rape (PA Images)

A large fire that has broken out at the home of JLS star Oritse Williams is being treated as ‘suspicious’ by the police.

The singer’s home went up in flames just a week after he was cleared of raping a fan in a hotel room.

Williams' house was heavily damaged by the fire (Credit: SWNS)

A spokesperson for the Metropolitan police has since stated that the fire is being treated as ‘suspicious’, although no arrests have yet been made and there were also no reported injuries.

Read more: Stars support Oritse after he was cleared of rape

"Police were called at 16:39hrs on Tuesday, 4 June following reports of a fire at a residential address in Spout Hill, Croydon,” their spokesperson told The Sun.

The JLS star's house went up in flames on Tuesday afternoon (Credit: London Fire Brigade)

"Officers attended with London Fire Brigade. There were no reported injuries. There have been no arrests.

"At this stage, the incident is being treated as suspicious. The cause of the fire is under investigation. Enquiries continue, led by the South Area Command Unit CID."

The house is the former residence of comedy legend Ronnie Corbett, who lived there for 33 years (Credit: SWNS)

The property, which was formerly the residence of comedy legend Ronnie Corbett for 33 years, has been severely damaged by the fire that started on Tuesday afternoon.

Williams' home was severely damaged by the flames (Credit: London Fire Brigade)

A statement from the London Fire Brigade read: “Ten fire engines and around 70 firefighters were called to a fire at a derelict property on Spout Hill in Croydon.

"Part of the first and second floor of a detached three-storey building were damaged by fire. A small part of the roof was also damaged.

"The Brigade was called at 4.27pm and the fire was under control by 6.58pm. Fire crews from Addington, Croydon, Biggin Hill, Purley and surrounding fire stations were at the scene."