A JUDGE has ordered trespassing travellers to leave Mansel Park in Millbrook.
Southampton City Council secured a warrant for eviction at Southampton County Court this morning.
The court heard there was no trouble when council officers issued notices to leave.
Wesley Potterton, representing the council, said the order should give the possession back to its owners and ask the defendants to leave the property as they are trespassing.
Deputy District Judge Daniel Nother issued the order.
Most of the encampment had moved on by yesterday afternoon.
"There are three caravans and three vehicles that remain," a notice to residents from the council said.
Travellers were first spotted in the park on June 16. The council completed welfare checks. They were asked to leave the site the same day.
The council issued a 'direction to leave' the next day, but travellers have remained on the site.
Southampton City Council said that it was clearing "rubbish and hazardous material" at the park yesterday.
A group of travellers has also been parked in Southampton Common this week.
Around eight caravans were seen yesterday, and onlookers said police were trying to "move them on". They left yesterday.
Police were called to the Common at 12.27pm yesterday following reports that a man had been assaulted.
A 35-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of current assault.
The man, of no fixed address, remains in police custody.
A message from the Editor
Thank you for reading this article - we appreciate your support in reading the Daily Echo.
Subscribing to the Echo means you have unrestricted access to the latest news, features and Saints coverage - all with an advertising-light website.
You will also have full access to Saintsplus, your new home for Southampton FC tactical analysis, features and much, much more.
Don't take my word for it - subscribe here to see for yourself.
Follow the latest breaking news in the Southampton area by joining our Facebook group - Southampton News - Breaking News and Incidents