A man has appeared in court accused of the murder of Katie Kenyon, a mother of two who has been missing since last Friday.
Andrew Burfield, 50, from Burnley, gave no plea indication at Blackburn Magistrates' Court.
He was remanded in custody to appear at Preston Crown Court on Friday.
Ms Kenyon, 33, was reported missing after she was last seen at around 9.30am on Friday.
A woman matching her description left an address in the town of Burnley that morning, travelling about 17 miles in a silver Ford Transit van to the Bolton-by-Bowland area of north Lancashire.
More than 60 specialist search officers from four police forces have been scouring Gisburn Forest in the Ribble Valley looking for Ms Kenyon.
The hunt involves police and fire service officers, dog teams, mounted police, mountain rescue volunteers and drones.
On Tuesday, investigators said they believe Ms Kenyon is dead.
Her family have said her disappearance is out of character.
As the search for her whereabouts continued earlier in the week, her sister, Sarah Kenyon, wrote on Facebook: "It is now a waiting game, we have done everything we can, searched everywhere, contacted everyone."
Lancashire Police said: "Katie's family have been made aware and continue to be supported by specially trained officers.
"They pass on their thanks for all the well-wishing messages but have asked people respect their privacy at this time."