Katie Piper has thanked her fans for supporting her once again after she underwent emergency surgery on her eye this week.
The TV presenter and writer revealed earlier this week that her husband noticed a small black circle in the eye in which Piper is blind following the acid attack she suffered in 2008.
She wrote that, a few days later, her eye specialist confirmed that her eye had perforated and that she would need urgent surgery.
In a social media message this week — reported via Metro — Piper said she was "super excited" to get back to work as she hadn't been able to wear make-up since before she was admitted to hospital.
The 38-year-old star returned to her gig as host of Katie Piper's Breakfast Show on Sunday — her first job since the latest operation.
She added: "I’ve had to leave my eye totally untouched, so no lashes and no eye makeup because I’m still prone to infections and I don’t want to get a haemorrhage or anything.
"Not my usual look but I’m feeling good, I’m feeling confident and I’m so happy to be back at work."
She then moved on to her fans, thanking them for flocking to offer messages of support when they heard she was going under the knife again.
Piper said: "I literally came out of the operating theatre and turned my phone on and [there were] so many lovely messages from all you guys. I really appreciate it and never take it for granted."
Piper has experienced numerous surgeries since she was attacked by her ex-boyfriend and an accomplice — both of whom received life sentences for the assault.
Read more: Katie Piper calls for more positivity online
Piper has become an inspirational figure since going public about her attack and fronted numerous documentaries about her recovery.
She joined the regular roster of Loose Women panellists in 2021 and was made an OBE as part of the 2022 New Year Honours List — though almost missed out on collecting the award.
Watch: Katie Piper shares powerful photos in 10-year challenge post