- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
Watch: Kay Burley returns to Sky News
Kay Burley made her return to Sky News on Monday following a six-month suspension for breaking COVID-19 rules.
The presenter said it was "great to be back" as she introduced a programme featuring interviews with former prime minister Gordon Brown, Bristol mayor Marvin Rees and shadow foreign secretary Lisa Nandy.
As it kicked off at 7am, she said: “Hello everybody, it is great to be back. It is seven o’clock here in the UK. Welcome, wherever you’re watching us around the world. Let’s crack on.”
Her suspension came as a result of breaking coronavirus restrictions while celebrating her 60th birthday at a restaurant in London, which at that point was under Tier 2 rules.
An internal Sky News review in December found that “over the course of the evening, COVID guidelines were breached".
"Sky News expects all team members to fully comply with the COVID restrictions. All those involved regret the incident and have apologised," a statement said.
It added: “Everyone at Sky News is expected to comply with the rules and the company takes breaches like this very seriously indeed.”
Burley has described her actions as an "error of judgement".
In December she tweeted: "Evening everyone I want to apologise to you all for an error of judgment. On Saturday night I was enjoying my 60th birthday at a Covid compliant restaurant. I am embarrassed to say that later in the evening I inadvertently broke the rules.
"I had been waiting for a taxi at 11pm to get home. Desperate for the loo I briefly popped into another restaurant to spend a penny. I can only apologise."
Political editor Beth Rigby and north of England correspondent Inzamam Rashid were taken off air for three months following the review.
With additional reporting by PA.
Watch: Kay Burley suspended for six months after breaking COVID rules