Kensington Palace has been forced to deny suggestions that Meghan Markle is planning to run for President.
‘Meghan was quite clear that she wanted to be president one day’, a source told the publication.
In 2015, Markle also told Piers Morgan that she had harboured Presidential ambitions as a child.
‘As a kid, I wanted to be either the President or a news broadcaster like you’, she said.
Although Meghan is in the process of becoming a full British citizen, she will retain dual U.S citizenship, which would allow her to run for the presidency in future.
CLICK BELOW TO SEE THE BEST PICTURES FROM THE ROYAL WEDDING
Responding to the claims, a Kensington Palace spokesperson said: ‘The conversation you describe with an associate is fictitious.’
Yahoo News UK has contacted Kensington Palace for comment.
Yesterday, Meghan’s first Royal engagement of married life took place as she attended a garden party at Buckingham Palace to mark Prince Charles’ 70th birthday.
MOST POPULAR TODAY ON YAHOO
- Humans are about to wipe out an animal which has been unchanged for 170 million years
- ‘An act of pure evil’: Student who threw acid on ex-boyfriend who later died jailed for 12 years
- Asteroid from alien star system spotted near Jupiter
- Snubbed sister Samantha Markle accuses Meghan’s mother Doria of ‘cashing in’ with Oprah interview
- Britain’s mood has darkened in the last six months due to transport chaos, extreme weather and money worries
The couple attended the party alongside several emergency services personnel who were first responders after the Manchester suicide bombing exactly a year ago which killed 22 people.
It is expected that the pair will go on honeymoon at a later date, although details are yet to be revealed.