A teenager has died after a fairground accident in Kent.
Emergency services were called to Pencester Gardens in Dover just before 8am on Wednesday morning to reports of a serious incident.
According to The Sun, witnesses said a 19-year-old was seriously injured on a ride called the Meteorite.
It is understood the funfair was set up on Tuesday and was due to open on Wednesday.
The hazardous area response team (HART) - which consist of paramedics trained to enter 'hot zones' of major incidents - were deployed to the scene.
A South East Coast Ambulance Service spokesperson confirmed the death.
They said: “We were called at 7.42am this morning (3rd August 2022) to a serious incident at Pencester Gardens in Dover.
“We immediately dispatched a number of clinical resources to the scene, including our HART team and Critical Care Paramedics, however, sadly, a teenage boy was pronounced as deceased at the scene.”
A Kent Police spokesman said: “Kent Police was called by South East Coast Ambulance Service after a teenage boy suffered injuries at a funfair site in Pencester Gardens, Dover, at 7.45am on Wednesday 3 August 2022.
“Officers attended, along with Kent Fire and Rescue Service, and the boy was pronounced deceased at the scene.
A spokesman for Forrest Amusements declined to comment, but said the company would be issuing a statement later.
Its website says it was founded in 1889 and is the largest supplier of funfair attractions in the county.
A witness told the PA news agency that she had seen “three ambulances, a couple of fire trucks and some police vehicles along Pencester Road, which was blocked off. They were saying there had been a fatality, and the entrance to the fair had been cordoned off with tape.”