Kevin Spacey investigated by Scotland Yard over third complaint of sexual assault

Telegraph Reporters
Kevin Spacey accused of assault by third man in London - AFP

Kevin Spacey, the Oscar-winning actor, is being investigated by Scotland Yard over a third complaint of sexual assault, it emerged last night.

A third man came forward to allege Spacey, 58, assaulted them in London in 2005.

"On December 13 we received an allegation that the man sexually assaulted a man (Victim 3) in 2005 in Westminster," a Metropolitan Police spokesman said last night.

The force did not directly link Spacey to the fresh allegation, but said the alleged perpetrator is the same individual who is the subject of complaints in the south London borough of Lambeth in 2005 and 2008.

Both of those were identified as the House Of Cards actor.

Profile | Kevin Spacey

Spacey was artistic director  at the Old Vic theatre, which is based in Lambeth, between 2004 and 2015. It is not clear if the latest allegation has any connection to the venue.

The theatre revealed in November last year they had received allegations from 20 young people claiming to be on the end of "inappropriate behaviour" of Spacey.

The actor has since sought treatment.

By using Yahoo you agree that Yahoo and partners may use Cookies for personalisation and other purposes