Police in Abbotsford warned residents to stay indoors after a fire broke out in the flood-hit Metro Vancouver city on Wednesday morning, November 17, releasing potentially toxic smoke.
Police said the blaze was burning near the Sumas Prairie area, where an evacuation order had been issued the night before as flood conditions posed a “significant risk to life.”
Residents near Sumas Mountain Road and North Parallel Road were advised to stay indoors due to the possibly harmful nature of the smoke.
Andy Panda posted this video to Twitter showing the scene in Abbotsford on Wednesday morning. Credit: Andy Panda via Storyful