Story by AP
Drug use killed an actor from the film Twilight and his girlfriend, the coroner in Las Vegas said on Monday.
Clark County Coroner John Fudenberg said Gregory Boyce, 30, and Natalie Adepoju, 27, died from the effects of cocaine and fentanyl intoxication, and their deaths were accidental.
The bodies were discovered on May 13 after Las Vegas police were summoned to a bedroom in an apartment several miles east of the Las Vegas Strip. Officers reported finding a white powder on the dresser and no evidence of foul play.
Fentanyl has been blamed for illegal-use drug overdose deaths nationwide.
Boyce appeared as Tyler Crowley in Twilight, the 2008 film starring Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson.
Boyce's mother, Lisa Wayne, revealed on Facebook that her son was about to open a business before he died.
"He was in the process of starting a [chicken] wing business, West Wings. He created the flavours to his perfection and named them after west coast rappers. Snoop Dog, Kendrick Lamar, Roddy Ricch, The Game, etc."
After turning 30 in December, Boyce wrote on Instagram: "At one point I didn't think I would make it to see 30 years old. Over the years like everyone else I have made mistakes along the way, but today is one of those days I only reflect on the great ones. What a time to be alive."