New York — Sports, talent derbies, news and voyeurism kept unscripted fare high on the Nielsen TV ratings roster last week.
Except for one big kingly exception: premium cable HBO's scripted sensation Game of Thrones, continued its reign with its best-yet audience of 10.2 million in America.
For those who might have missed it the episode was leaked online last week before it aired on Sunday.
Here's a preview for the aforementioned episode:
For the week, GOT ranked behind only NBC's America's Got Talent.
The top 10 shows in America for the week of 31 July- 6 August, their networks and viewership:
1.America's Got Talent (Tuesday), NBC, 13.33 million;
2. Game of Thrones, HBO, 10.17 million
3. NFL Pre-Season Hall of Fame game: Arizona Vs. Dallas, NBC, 8.25 million;
4. NFL Pre-Season Pre-Kick, NBC, 7.06 million;
5. World of Dance, NBC, 7.00 million;
6. Big Brother (Wednesday),CBS, 6.58 million;
7. 60 Minutes, CBS, 6.55 million;
8. Big Brother (Sunday), CBS, 6.46 million;
9. Big Brother (Thursday), CBS, 6.42 million;
10. The Big Bang Theory, CBS, 6.19 million