Leyton Orient Fans' Trust claims it has been asked to cover the stricken club's medical bills.
Orient appear to be heading for the National League after another season of turbulence, with players fighting to receive their March salaries.
The club are facing a winding-up petition, adjourned last month, with protests continuing against absent owner Francesco Becchetti who has enraged fans with a string of decisions and comments.
And, as the club's fifth manager of the season, Omer Riza, looks to stop a run of six straight losses at Luton on Friday, more chaos has emerged.
The Leyton Orient Fans' Trust (LOFT) said on Thursday it had been asked to cover the club's medical bill, saying the question had been asked by the English Football League via the club.
LOFT added it had refused to pay any medical bills as its purpose is "not to pay Becchetti's bills".
Press Association Sport has been told there is a concern as to who will pay the bill for Monday's clash at home to Hartlepool.
However an EFL spokesman said on Thursday: "The EFL has been in regular dialogue with officials at the club throughout the course of today, encouraging them to find a practical and sensible solution that will ensure the safety of all supporters attending Monday's fixture with Hartlepool United.
"The club has this evening advised the EFL that they have an agreement in place that satisfy the requirements of the safety certificate.
"At no stage during today's discussions did the EFL contact the Leyton Orient Supporters' Trust to ask for financial assistance nor would it be appropriate to do so."
Orient are 10 points adrift of safety with five games remaining and could find themselves relegated over the weekend - two years after losing the League One play-off final to Rotherham.