- Terrorists kill at least seven people and injure many more in horrific knife and van attack on two locations in London.
- At least 20 people were mowed down when a white van ploughed into pedestrians on London Bridge.
- Three men then launched a frenzied knife attack in nearby Borough Market.
- Met Police said three attackers were shot and killed within eight minutes of the first emergency call.
- Suspects were wearing fake suicide vests.
- Eyewitnesses describe moment three men started attacking random passers-by.
- One picture (above) showed two suspected assailants, one with cannisters strapped to his body, on the ground.
- The attack comes just days before the general election.
(Please wait a moment for the live blog to load):
British police rushed to an incident on London Bridge on Saturday after witnesses said a van ploughed into pedestrians and one woman told Reuters she saw people who may have had their throats cut.
British Transport Police said casualties were reported after an incident that may have involved a van and a knife attack, the BBC said, while the London Ambulance Service said it was sending multiple resources to the incident.
Police said armed officers were also responding to an incident in the nearby Borough Market area of the city.
One witness told Reuters that she saw what appeared to be three people with knife wounds and possibly their throats cut at London Bridge. Reuters was unable to immediately verify her account.
Another witness told the BBC she saw a speeding white van veering into pedestrians. That witness said the van hit five to six people. Reuters television pictures showed dozens of emergency vehicles in the area around London Bridge.