Liverpool 'unlikely' to complete double transfer as Manchester United claim emerges

Dani Olmo
-Credit: (Image: Robbie Jay Barratt - AMA/Getty Image)


Liverpool are reportedly unlikely to make a move for RB Leipzig midfielder Dani Olmo this summer.

The 26-year-old is attracting interest following his stellar performances for Spain at Euro 2024. He netted the winner in Munich on Tuesday night to seal Spain's place in the final.

It could be a memorable next few days for Olmo who is expected to receive clarity on his future at club level. The midfielder has a £50million release clause that can be activated before next Monday (July 15).

There is said to be clubs from both the Premier League and in Spain circling ahead of the deadline after discussions took place in the past few months. Contrary to reports in Spain, the Mirror claims that Liverpool are 'unlikely' to make a move for the player despite links.

READ MORE: Liverpool are signing one of the best young talents in the country - leaving Chelsea devastated

READ MORE: Inside Liverpool's plan for Rio Ngumoha as scouts delighted and Chelsea furious with transfer

The report adds that Chelsea have held talks with Olmo's representatives but sources close to the club claim they are not 'pushing for a deal.' Olmo is currently the Euro's top goal scorer, and Leipzig are claimed to be prepared to demand a higher fee if no approach is made before Monday's deadline.

The Mirror suggests the Bundesliga outfit will demand between £60m to £70m. Last year, the Spaniard penned a new long-term deal with Leipzig until the summer of 2027.

Prior to the Euros, he admitted to being 'calm' about his future. "I am calm and focused on what is coming, which is the Euro, which is no small thing," he said. "It is clear that it is good to see your name related to great teams in Europe and the world, that motivates me, but I am focused on the Euro and I hope we can return with the trophy then we'll see.

"It's nice to see your name related to the greats, but I insist, it's nothing that bothers me. I am focused on the field and then whatever has to be, will be."

Elsewhere, the Reds could be braced for a transfer blow in their pursuit for Hoffenheim striker Maximilian Bieier. A new report by German publication Bild (via Sport Witness) claims that Liverpool are one of several English teams holding an interest in the 21-year-old.

Chelsea, Aston Villa, Manchester United and Brighton & Hove Albion are also mentioned as potential destinations. However, they claim that Villa and Chelsea 'are ahead' of Liverpool and the other aforementioned clubs in the race for his signature.

With that said, Hoffenheim could be open to sanctioning a sale as it is said they must sell to balance their books but that remains to be seen. The striker is set to report back to pre-season training at the end of July as he is currently on holiday.