London violence: Fifth suspected murder in six days after man dies following triple stabbing in Barnet
London has suffered another night of violence after a man died following a triple stabbing - the fifth killing in the capital in six days.
Officers were called to Welbeck Road, Barnet, at 10.50pm on Tuesday following reports of a fight.
Scotland Yard said three men who had been stabbed were taken to hospital, one of whom later died.
The two other injured men - one in his 20s and another in his 30s - were not in a life-threatening condition, the force said.
A crime scene remained in place on Wednesday morning as murder detectives opened an investigation.
Any witnesses or anyone with information about the killing was urged to contact police.
The suspected murder comes after a man in his 40s was stabbed to death in Whalebone Lane, Stratford, in the early hours of Monday.
That killing followed three homicides in the space of 24 hours, including two teenagers who were fatally attacked at teatime on Friday.
Cheyon Evans, 18, was found stabbed on Deeside Road in Wandsworth, south-west London, at 4.42pm, and died at the scene.
Read more from Yahoo News UK:
Jeremy Corbyn to 'back second Brexit referendum’
Tory leadership candidates clash over Brexit in televised debate
Tourists are paying £5 for a can of fresh air from the Isle of Man
In the second killing, Eniola Aluko, 19, from Thamesmead, south-east London, was shot dead in Hartville Road, Plumstead, shortly before 5pm.
On Saturday, a man in his 30s was stabbed to death in a field next to a nursery and a mosque in Alton Street, in Tower Hamlets, east London, just before 2pm.
As well as the violent deaths, another victim, 45, was left in a critical condition when he was stabbed in Enfield at about 3.30pm on Saturday.
Murder investigation underway
Police were called at approximately 22:50hrs on Tuesday, 18 June to reports of a fight in Welbeck Road, #barnet
Officers and London Ambulance Service attended and found three men suffering stab injuries. pic.twitter.com/Cyh5tpqo61
— London Knife Crime LDN (@CrimeLdn) June 19, 2019
A 17-year-old boy was also left fighting for his life after he was shot on the Tulse Hill Estate, south west London, at around 9.40pm on Sunday.
Another man, aged 28, was also shot shortly after 11.30am on Monday in Leytonstone, east London, but his injuries were non-life threatening or changing.
The Metropolitan Police said it had boosted activity by its Violent Crime Taskforce in certain hotspots.
Mohamed Nadir Dafallah, 18, from Wandsworth, and a 17-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, have been charged with Cheyon's murder and are due to appear at the Old Bailey on Wednesday.