London woman arrested on suspicion of Mee Kuen Chong’s murder

·2-min read
Mee Kuen Chong, 67, who was also known as Deborah, was last seen in the capital on June 10 and reported missing to the Metropolitan Police the following day (Devon and Cornwall Police)
Mee Kuen Chong, 67, who was also known as Deborah, was last seen in the capital on June 10 and reported missing to the Metropolitan Police the following day (Devon and Cornwall Police)

A woman has been arrested on suspicion of the murder of Mee Kuen Chong.

Mee Kuen Chong, 67, who was also known as Deborah, vanished without a trace from her home in London on June 10.

Her body was found in the woods in Salcombe, Devon and a senior police source told Devon Live the body was found without a head.

She was originally from Malaysia but had been living in the Wembley area of London since 2004.

Now a 36-year-old woman was arrested at an address in Kilburn on suspicion of murder.

The unnamed woman remains in custody at a north London police station.

A murder investigation has been launched after police initially described Ms Chong’s death as “unexplained”.

She was originally from Malaysia but had been living in the Wembley area of London since 2004 (MET police)
She was originally from Malaysia but had been living in the Wembley area of London since 2004 (MET police)

Now Detective Chief Inspector Jim Eastwood, who is leading the murder investigation, said: “The discovery of Mee’s body is a tragic development and my thoughts are with her family and friends.

“At this stage, we are working on establishing the full circumstances surrounding Mee’s death and in particular her movements. I would ask anyone who saw her between Thursday, 10 June and Sunday, 27 June either in London or Devon, who has not yet spoken to police, to please come forward.

“It is absolutely vital that anyone who may have information about Mee’s movements over this period share what they know to help us fully understand what happened to her.”

A cause of death has yet to be ascertained. A post-mortem took place at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital on Monday.

The crime scene remains in South Devon as police searches are likely to continue.

Anyone with information should call 0208 358 0300. Alternatively, information can be provided to the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.

Read More

Former Met officer leaves force to launch violent crime initiative

Tashawn Watt: Man charged with Sydenham murder

Pictured: Teenager Tashawn Watt killed in Sydenham attack

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting